Want to know how to translate webpages in Safari? This article will cover all the necessary information and guide that will help you to know how you can translate webpages in Safari.
Translate Webpages in Safari
Internet plays an important role in our lives today. Our livelihoods also now depend on the internet, be it payment processing, communication, applications for jobs, enrolments, complaints, services & maintenance, entertainment, social media or learning. Thus, internet has become a basic necessity in our lives now.
A computer, Modem and an internet connection are required to connect to the internet. Further in order to visit websites or surf websites, a software for browsing or a browser that is compatible for the device used is necessary. There are many browsers or browsing software available. Safari is one of the browsers commonly used by iPhone, iPad users across the world.
People of different countries, regions access internet and post contents in their own language and therefore others cannot understand or read them. Hence the necessity for translation of the same does arise. This article will help you to learn how to translate webpages in Safari.
Two tested apps for the translation are doing rounds. They are iTranslate Translator and Microsoft Translator. While iTranslate Translator is a paid app, Microsoft Translator is a free app and rated better then the other. Microsoft Translator supports sixty languages and is easy to use.
It has features that include voice translation, group conversion and phrasebook that helps in the verification of the translation. It quickly translates web pages visited into the required language.
You Might Also Like: Best iPhone GPS Apps
So, without wasting any time further, let’s see how you can translate webpages in Safari without any hassle.
The first step is to download the app either from the App Store or from the Microsoft web site. The extension of Microsoft Translator can be activated in the Safari browser. To activate the extension, you need to:
1. Open the Safari Browser on your device. Upon visiting a web site, tap on the Share button which you will find in the bottom tray of icons.
2. Go to the left of the array of Icons at the bottom. Tap the More button.
3. Turn the switch adjacent to Microsoft Translator to ‘On’ position. It will turn Green. Tap on Done.
If you wish to use the translator quite often, then drag the app into the front of your screen for quick access. Now, we will learn how to set your preferred language in Microsoft Translator app that will help you to convert any language in your own language.
1. Open the Microsoft Translator app. At the bottom right corner tap the Settings icon.
2. Tap on the Safari Language Translation. Choose and select the preferred language.
Now everything is set to work. Now, we will see how you can translate webpages in Safari. Follow the below steps:
1. Open Safari browser on your device. Visit the web page you wish to translate. At the bottom of your screen, tap the Share button.
2. Tap on the Microsoft Translator button and the extension will translate the page for you.
These are the steps that will help you to translate webpages in Safari. Hope this article will help you to read the content you want in your own language. If you have any query regarding how to translate webpages in Safari, do let us know in the comments section below.