Xolo Q1000 Opus Android Update is now ready for download. The company has announced that there will be Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for its device.
Xolo Q1000 Opus Android Update
However, it must be mentioned that the update isn’t available over-the-air (OTA). In fact, it has been made available for download from the official site of the company. It is understood that the size of the Xolo Q1000 Opus android update is slightly less than 300MB – 294MB to be exact.
Xolo Q1000 Opus Android Update Instructions
As the OTA update isn’t available, the company has made available a list of instructions for updating to the next OS version.
- The first thing is that users will need to download this update file from the site. The download will take place on the user’s computer.
- The file is ‘update_KitKat’ before downloading.
- After download is over, the user will have to rename it as ‘update.zip’.
- Once the file is renamed, it will have to be sent to the microSD card of the Xolo handset.
- Xolo Care app then comes into the picture as the users will have to take the help of this app for checking updates, which is obviously a formality.
- The users will then choose the ‘update.zip’ file from the microSD card.
- After this, the phone will reboot on its own, as the update will be installed on start-up.
What the update brings along
After having a look at the instructions, it is time to know what all the updates bring along.
There is a brand new phone dialer app along with SMS and MMS support to Google Hangouts. There are some other updates and changes as well. But, what isn’t there is the information about the changelog for the new OS version. Also, there aren’t any company features as well.